Thursday, 9 June 2011

Finding shoes at the last store we tried ... PRICELESS

I am fairly certain that Grad is, for parents of girls, a rehearsal for the financial, emotional and organizational  aspects of a wedding.   A few months ago I announced to my friend Dar, self satisfied and relieved, that we were done with the Grad prep as Rebecca’s dress had been purchased.  She gave me a sage nod, as only the parent of 4 previous grads can, and enigmatically intimated. “Ah, the dress … that is just the beginning.”  I have since learned what she meant, and as we tick off the minutes till the big day, we are also ticking off the oh so very necessary  purchases and arrangements:

Dress (that, as it turns out, was the easy part) √
Dress alteration √
Strapless bra (not just hours shopping for it, but then losing it ... but that is a whole other story that includes conspiracy theories and what not) √
Barrettes, clips, and a variety of hair do-dads √
Necklace (inherited from Gramma) √
Earrings (to match necklace) √
Ring (unnecessary but fun) √
Makeup consultation, purchases and several application dry runs √
Hair (many long and arduous discussion and trial runs: up? down? to the side? curled? straight?) √
Mani and Pedi appointment √
And finally, the day before the event (not to put too fine a point on it, but we have known about this affair for a while) … THE SHOES! √√√√

It’s been fun, Bec but hey, I hope I get a decade or so to recover before having to plan a wedding!


No comments:

Post a Comment