Saturday, 1 October 2011

Mal-Adjusted on the Mal-a-Hat

When I was growing up I envied my friends that came from large families and by attaching myself to a variety of sibling-rich families, realized it wasn't always a "Walton" experience, but still ... my family seemed so ... little.  I am so grateful to my extended family that I inherited when I married Tom.  I treasure my sister and brother in laws and the resulting nieces and  nephews so much! Our most recent Roth Family reunion was held at  Bob and Char's gorgeous ocean-view property  (which has recently been turned into a fabulous B&B  ... check it out!)


In between (a ridiculous amount of) eating and drinking we found time to walk the trestles, engage in a ferociously competitive bean bag derby, explore a fun cider making farm and bistro,  make a quick trip into Duncan to visit my dear buddy Karen and zip into Victoria for an afternoon. 

working up an appetite for a pub lunch


Hey Gord who is that tree guy behind you?


The world's most gracious hosts


How can you tell they are brother and sister?

Overlooking the firepit / recording studio

Hanging out with Bella on the deck

You're not going to eat ALL those chips are you Dad?

Standing at the window, staring ... you could do that for hours!
Loved visiting you in Duncan, Kar, but would you mind getting your butt back to the Okanagan?

No comments:

Post a Comment